Jen and I have begun crocheting again. A few months ago I had started crocheting a really cute aztec shaw, then life got pretty busy and I put it away due to lack of time. Today I hauled it out to continue, but I hadn’t really marked the pattern properly and I didn’t really know where I was at. I studied the pattern, studied the crochet project itself, counted the rows that I’d already done and decided I knew where I was at.
Jen and I watched Gilmore Girls and crocheted all afternoon and into the night…stopping only to eat some grilled cheese and tomatoe soup, then right back to the crocheting. However as I’m crocheting the rows, the pattern is creating an angle and the rows are getting shorter and shorter. I only have 17 rows crocheted in this section and I am ‘spose to have 93 rows in this section…not going to happen….ugh! I begin to realize that I have goofed somewhere in the pattern, but I’m still in denial about it and I keep right on crocheting…I guess I thought the mistake was going to somehow work itself out if I just kept crocheting. But the farther I got, the more evident the mistake became, until finally it was painfully obvious that I’d goofed.
So I ripped it all out and am making a headband for now…too painful to go back to the shaw today…maybe tomorrow… 😦
Here’s a pic of the remainder of my shaw next to the headband that I’m making from the scraps (yes the yarn tore as I was “ripping it out”) … so sad!
Here’s what my shaw would have looked like had I finished it (different color
than the picture, of course! 🙂
I won’t be defeated…after my headband, I will try again! 🙂